Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Next Adventure

While we are still waiting on Jonathan's B2B race report (::cough cough::), I figured I'd follow up on my comment in the first post about the new racing adventures for us.  There is obviously a lot of planning that goes into figuring out one's next racing season, so it has to be done early, especially as many races fill up quickly.  Ironman Florida, for example, sold out in a record 13 minutes this year and that's a year out!  Triathlon has clearly taken off.

My 2012 season is looking much different from year's past.  I have previously stuck to sprint triathlons and half-marathons.  I am so excited that I will be combining the two (and multiplying it by a large number) and doing a 70.3 race in 2012!  I have a race in mind, so I'd better decide quick as registration opens on the 23rd.

It will be mentally and physically demanding - both the training and the race - but I feel ready to take on the challenge.  I am motivated and eager to see how I can do.  Looks like I'll be spending lots of quality time on my bike this winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment