Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday Mash-Up

Pretty fun week last week!  We started off the weekend by celebrating my Dad's birthday on Friday night with the whole family.  We also got a great 7 mile run in on Saturday morning at the site of the upcoming race.  Flat, yay!!!

We're getting closer to having the house ready to put on the market.  One paint match followed by some touch-ups and final cleanings, and {I think} we're there.  I even bought a couple (1 & 2) of Crate & Barrel accent pillows for our bedroom to brighten it up and make it show well.

I got off the bike trainer and onto the neighborhood roads this weekend to give the clipless pedals a try.  I was so nervous!  I mounted pretty well the first time but my first dismount was .05 seconds away from disaster.  Thank goodness Jonathan was there on my left to catch me because I was most certainly falling.  After that, I got the hang of it much better.  My left shoe and pedal combo is much harder to unclip, so for now, I am starting with my right foot clipped in and also unclipping with my right foot.  I will just switch while stopped for the time being.

We tried another recipe from Pinterest yesterday - Quinoa Cakes.  I had really high hopes for these things, then as I was making them and forming them into little patties, my hopes diminished.  Jonathan cooked them up in the large square skillet and we actually ended up really enjoying them!  Our favorite thing to put on them was Texas Pete, though I liked them just fine without anything added.


Last week, I decided I'd give the maxi skirt trend a whirl.  I ordered this skirt and can't wait for it to come on Tuesday!  (It's grey and white striped just like one I had my eye on last year at Anthropologie - I have a weakness for anything grey and white striped.)
Source: target.com via Erin on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment