Tuesday, January 17, 2012

2012 so far ...

I've gotten clipless pedals - eek!  I started out on the trainer last night to practice clipping in and out.  If I can get 5 minutes of daylight after I get home from work one day then I may give a neighborhood ride a whirl.


We've packed lots of stuff away so we can stage the house for showing.  I hope to have it on the market in mid to late February ... it's kind of scary, really.

I've been playing Tiny Tower on my iPhone like a crazy woman.  50 floors, ladies & gentlemen!

I have not, however, been running and/or working out like I should be.  I need to get my running on schedule so that I can do well at my race in March.  It is really hard getting used to the shoe orthotics.  I also need to be biking a lot so that I'm ready for the 70.3 race, whichever race it is that I do finally choose.  I am almost worthless when it's cold outside and dark at 5:30, I tell you.

I am debating on a May rev3 race and an August WTC branded race.  I just don't know which to do & I get nervous even reading about either of them.

I've made 2 new recipes - Buffalo Chicken Rolls & Broccoli Quinoa Casserole - both quite good!

I've kept up my 'one book per month' resolution and almost finished this book (and I finished Tina Fey's book on New Year's Eve Day) -
Source: popmatters.com via Andrea on Pinterest


And just because I love my boy, here's a picture of him on a walk one day ... he does the cutest thing when he's super happy, just chillin' - he kind of trots and the tips of his ears flap like mini wings.  It's one of my favorite parts of my dayand I get to see it every morning after I let him out.  He comes back in and just trots down the hallway before we go upstairs for breakfast. I'm determined to get a good picture and/or video of it one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment